Silica Beach- Kimberley Day 11: Bubbles on the beach
![]() |
| Sailing on towards Broome |
30th June 2026
While some went fishing at 6:30 a.m. others started the day with yoga on the bow conducted by Tinny.
It's another stunning morning and by the time we finished yoga at 7am the sun was poking itself above the surrounding cliffs.
![]() |
| Almost sunrise |
Those fishing returned from a successful trip which involved catching golden and giant trevally which were all released because the cool room is already full of fish.
As breakfast was underway so was the Reef Prince, as we cruised out of the rather magnificent setting of
Myridi Bay past more fabulous coastline.
![]() |
| Silica Beach |
And it's into another gorgeous bay with Silica Beach. The crew take ashore tables, chairs and shade and then the passengers.
![]() |
| A shallow dip |
We are permitted a beach splash in shallow waters which translates to around waist deep. I snorkel for a bit and find nothing of interest. There are a few juvenile fish being elusive but that's about it. Meanwhile, Jasmine keeps lookout for any munchies while perched on the bow of the tender.
![]() |
| Watching for munchies |
I am mystified by the complete lack of intertidal life on the rock walls around the beach.
![]() |
| From Silica Beach |
The beach itself is pretty clean of flotsam and very slim pickings for a beach comber.
![]() |
| The crew set up tables and shade - and provided bubble and OJ |
Lunch is brought ashore and it is sandwiches but before that bubbly and orange juice is served, a lovely treat in a beautiful setting.
Returning to the boat and rinsing the salt out of swim things and off of me, I then seek another book to read, having finished the one I chose the other day.
I look for a shaded place on the top deck, preferably one that doesn't smell of diesel fumes. I settle and wonder whether I really want to snooze or read, but Jasmine announces a mid-afternoon activity of map drawing so I decide I would like a map of the Kimberley on which I can draw our route and mark our significant points. So joining the activity I draw lines and circles and write on my copy of the map.
We are then underway on the final stretch to Broome.
![]() |
| Full moon rising |
By the time we arrive in Broome, we will have travelled about 1500 km.
After dinner there is a quiz competition I choose not to participate, make my coffee and retire.









Comments
Post a Comment